National Autism Awareness Month is held April of each year. Greystone proudly provides year-round services, uses iPad applications as educational tools, and participates in events and programs to help spread awareness about Autism, a developmental disability that affects approximately 1 in 68 American children – 1 in 42 boys. In April, we heighten our involvement in spreading Autism awareness and take strides to ensure our staff is up to date on the latest statistics, research, and techniques. We participate in the national Light it Up Blue campaign, an initiative organized by Autism Speaks — the world’s largest autism advocacy group — to “shine a light on Autism.” We purchase blue light bulbs to shine at each of our 14 properties each year on April 2, World Autism Awareness Day, and we encourage you to do so, too — we even initiated the Mid-Hudson Bridge to ‘light it up blue’ on this day. People diagnosed on the ‘Autism Spectrum’ have a range of developmental disabilities that can cause social, behavioral, and communication challenges.
The Third Annual Leap for Autism
Saturday, April 21, 2018
Location: Skydive the Ranch Gardiner, NY
Greystone Programs invites you to ‘Spring Into Action’ and Leap for Autism! Our Leap for Autism is an annual event to raise awareness and funds to provide life-enriching programs for children, and adults, serving over 500 people and families with Autism and other developmental disabilities. Greystone Programs offers vital services for which there is no funding. These include a range of therapeutic expressive arts – music, art, dance, equine therapies and other services. Dozens of daring skydivers – employees, parents, old friends and new, take to the sky for an exhilarating adventure of a lifetime. The event has Fun, Festivities, and Freefall – something for everyone – in the air or on the ground!
5 ways to support LEAP FOR AUTISM 2018:
- Skydiver – Raise $500 as an individual fundraiser to qualify for an amazing 13,500ft skydive – teams welcome – for every $500 raised one team member gets to jump. Each skydiver MUST raise the $500 by April 12, 2018, to participate in the actual skydive.
- Ground Virtual Skydiver – Raise a minimum of $250 as an individual fundraiser and qualify for an exhilarating virtual skydiving experience
- Make a corporate/business donation to our event
- Sponsor our event Contact Kellyann Pascarella email@example.com or (845) 452-5772 ext 162.
- Spread the word and share our event with your friends and followers on social. Check out this link for images to share: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzVnaCgzrTO6VktNbmFjbVpBY3M
To register as a team or individual fundraiser and to Donate, click here: www.gvgb.co/leapforautism2018.
We care for your safety. Leap for Autism is a “tandem” skydive – you will be harnessed to an experienced professional – Professional skydivers welcome, too!
Please join our campaign to help us reach our goal. Your contribution will support Greystone Programs’ expressive art programs & services and our mission to enrich lives…One person at a time.
For additional information and 2018 sponsorship and advertising opportunities, contact Kellyann Pascarella firstname.lastname@example.org or (845) 452-5772 ext 162.
We have new incentives this year that may encourage you to get involved
Every skydiver will receive a Free T-shirt to proudly announce your bravery!
• 1st 10 people to register will receive: A limited-edition Greystone growler
• 1st Team to register – each participant will receive: A Greystone Programs and Gold’s Gym mixed swag bag
• Ground Virtual Skydiver who raise $500 will receive: A pair of 3D VR Headset with Remote Controller
• Highest personal fundraiser will receive: A gift certificate to Nic L Inn Bistro and Wine Bar plus a bottle of Milea Estate Vineyard Chardonnay and Sterling Cabernet Sauvignon
• Highest Fundraising Team will receive: A gift certificate for dinner at West Main Bar & Kitchen
• Fundraiser who raises $1,000 will receive: A Greystone Fleece Jacket
• Fundraisers who raise $1,500 will receive: A free video of your skydive and a Greystone Fleece Jacket
• Fundraisers who raise over $2,000 will receive: A pair of 3D VR Headset with Remote Controller, a Greystone Fleece Jacket, and if you are a skydiver – a free video of your skydive
Stay to watch, eat and drink!
with live music from Roadhouse Roosters
Nationwide, approximately 4.6 million Americans live with developmental disabilities, including Autism, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Traumatic Brain Injuries, and others. National Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month, observed every March, is an opportunity to recognize and celebrate the unique abilities of every individual and to promote understanding and greater respect for those with developmental disabilities. People with disabilities want the same things we all do — to live happy, healthy, productive lives, to be respected as individuals, and to feel like they are part of a community. Help us celebrate National Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month by spreading the word about the importance of community support and inclusion for every person with a developmental disability. Greystone Programs proudly provides year-round services to more than 600 children, adults and families living with developmental disabilities. In March we take special care to spread awareness about developmental disabilities, by posting daily facts, events, and disability etiquette tips on our Facebook page. During this month we also renew our commitment to “The r-Word Campaign” because, “when you say ‘retard,’ someone hurts.”
A meaningful way to honor a friend or loved one with a disability — or anyone who has been touched by Greystone’s work, or who has done a fabulous job at Greystone — is to make a memorial or tribute gift to Greystone Programs. Your honoree or loved one’s family will receive a personalized card in the mail letting them know about your thoughtful gift, along with free subscriptions to our printed and online newsletters
To make a memorial or tribute gift, contact:
Chief Advancement Officer
Greystone Programs, Inc.
(845) 452-5772 ext. 163
using Contact Form.
We will gladly help you with your donation and ensure your honoree gets properly notified and acknowledged.
Your honorary or memorial gift is tax deductible.
You might also include us in your loved one’s obituary or provide a memorial card at the time of a funeral so that friends and loved ones can pay tribute in this
long-lasting, significant manner. Another way to remember your loved one is to make a one-time or annual donation to mark their anniversary or birthday.
Greystone looks to foster meaningful partnerships in the business community. We welcome corporate volunteers and corporate sponsors, and gifts-in-kind of goods or services. Your business’ gift to Greystone shows your investment in local philanthropic activities and increases your public image. Our amazing corporate sponsors include:
- Focused Wealth Management
- Rose & Kiernan Insurance
- M&T Bank
- BDO USA
- Hudson Regional LTC Pharmacy,
- Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union,
- SEFCU Insurance/Harleysville, and
- Bottini Fuel
These businesses, and others, support our Annual International Wine Showcase & Auction, to fund our Expressive Arts and Therapy Programs which include yoga, zumba, arts & crafts, and music therapy. Another means of corporate support involves a volunteer partnership with IBM. This partnership helped us improve our website. IBM has also remembered Greystone through their Hearts & Hands Together Charitable Giving Campaign where employees make financial donations to Greystone via payroll deductions. We invite interested corporate sponsors to support our work in any way you see fit. We are also grateful for our community partnerships that include the United Way of Dutchess County Holiday Helping Hand Program. For more information about corporate giving with Greystone, please contact: Richard Swanson Greystone Programs, Inc. (845) 452-5772 ext. 122 Using Contact Form.